Wednesday, August 27, 2014

A Summer Garden


It is time for a new challenge at Frilly and Funkie and I am the hostess this time so I chose a theme called A Summer Garden.  I want to see your vintage or shabby chic projects that remind you of a summer garden.  It doesn't have to be just flowers but could also be the landscaping or even fruits and vegetables.

Share your Summer Garden projects with us to be in with a chance of winning a Guest DT spot at Frilly and Funkie or a $25 spending spree at The Funkie Junkie Boutique! To enter you must create a new project, link it using the linking tool and make sure you add a link in your post back to this challenge. You can combine our challenge with up to 10 challenges (including this one) to be in with a chance of winning. If you are entering through a public forum please sue the keyword F&F. Also, please be sure to turn off your Word Verification so our Design Team can leave you comments.

I don't have a veggie garden anymore although I wish I did because nothing tastes better than freshly picked produce.  I do have greenery and some flowers, mostly in pots so that is where I went with my card for this challenge.  It is also a bit of a wishful thinking type card because I also don't have a gazebo or climbing flowers.

I started with some green Bazzill card stock for my blank and then added a layer of background paper from the Maja Designs Coffee in the Arbor pack.  On top of that I added a piece of paper from the Maja Designs Autumn Basics pack and tucked a row of venise lace on the side.  Both pieces of paper were distressed with my scissors.

The gazebo was cut on my Cameo from Tim Holtz grunge paper and given a coat of gesso.  Then I decided to add some texture with texture paste before I painted it with some Picket Fence Distress Crackle Paint and swiped on some Frayed Burlap Distress Ink.

The grass and leaves were cut on my Cameo from Tim Holtz Color Core card stock and then inked with some Iced Spruce DI.  The little flowers were punched with a Marvy Uchida punch using all the scraps of Maja Designs paper and then I added some little pearl stickers from Recollections as centres and inked the edges with Aged Mahogany DI.

The sentiment was created on my computer and inked with some Frayed Burlap DI.  The sweet vintage fairy is from Israblog online.  The butterfly is a venise lace applique and I added a row of pearl stickers from Recollections for the body.

I hope you will pop over to Frilly and Funkie, check out the wonderful DT projects and then come back to show us one of your creations.

The following products used to create my summery card came from The Funkie Junkie Boutique:

5 comments:

  1. This is absolutely delightful, Cec. Love that new Coffee in the Arbor collection from Maja! Your gazebo is wonderful and your fairy totally charmed me. Such a sweet sweet piece!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful! I love the floral background paper and all your distressed edges! Your gazebo is gorgeous with all the little flowers on it and your little fairy girl is just precious! Wonderful summer garden! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is so lovely Cec. I love the little arbour and the lace added to the edge of the inner paper layer. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all these fairies... and this one is a very special one to me... as it reminds me of my daughter in ballet classes... so sweet... I love your piece... it is sweet and charmingly magical... love it all.. Pink... an all time favorite... with greens... I melt... love it.. .Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous, Cec! You have transformed the Maja papers into something of magical beauty. Your card has an enchanted quality that carries me away to the serenity of a hidden fairy garden. I love all the shabby touches and layering!!
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think about my work, so please leave me a comment.

Thanks!
Cec