Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Bloom

It is time for a new challenge at Frilly and Funkie and this time we want to see vintage or shabby chic projects in the style of Wendy Vecchi so we are calling it It's All About Wendy. You can check out her wonderful art at her blog - just click here.


I created a card with lots of stenciling and stamping but added a couple frilly touches since I am on the frilly side of the team. 

I used some Recollections card stock for my blank and then I created the background by using a brayer to layer on some of Wendy's Dandelion and Cornflower Blue Archival Ink.  I masked off a section on the bottom and stenciled the top using her Polka Dotty stencil with Orange Blossom Archival Ink and the Dots and Stripes Border Stencil with some Cornflower Blue Archival Ink.  Next I reversed the mask and stamped the bottom with the Vintage Wallpaper background stamp and some Red Geranium Archival Ink.

I glued some old book pages to card stock and stamped a flower from the Daisy Art stamp set.  Then I cut the flower head and the leaves out.  The flower head was inked with Red Geranium Archival Ink and the leaves were inked with Olive Archival Ink.  I gave them a coat of slightly watered down Mod Podge to give them a little sheen and then added some gold seed beads to the centre of the flower head.  I stamped the flower again on the background and added the flower head and leaves with some adhesive foam to pop them up.

Next I painted a metal butterfly with some copper paint and highlighted the body with some Aquamarine Texture Gold wax paste.  I swiped a strip of seam binding with some Orange Blossom Archival Ink and layered it on top of a strip of red burlap ruffling it along a strip of double sided tape.  The little flowers were cut from a scrap of venise lace and dyed with Orange Blossom Archival Ink.  I added some gems from the dollar store and a computer generated sentiment to finish off my Wendy style card.

The following items used to create this card came from The Funkie Junkie Boutique:

4 comments:

  1. So gorgeous Cec!! You did such a fabulous job with this challenge theme. Wendy who??? Love all your layered stencilling and the colour combination is a little bit autumn and a little bit summer, love that! Your flower is fantastic, I would have sworn it was a wood flourish! Your copper butterfly turned out great and the jute mesh strip is a wonderful touch! I just love it all! big hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this! I love every little detail!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely loving the layering and stencilling on this card Cec. As ever you've produced a wonderful vintage style idea here. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

















  4. Great job Cec. I am a big Wendy fan. You rocked this one.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think about my work, so please leave me a comment.

Thanks!
Cec