Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Patchwork Floral


It is that time again - a new challenge starts today at Frilly and Funkie.  This time Jenny is our hostess and calls it "All Lined Up".  She describes it this way:

"For this challenge you need to think in straight lines! Be it rows or columns, stripes or even grids make sure those vertical and/or horizontal lines are a clearly visible part of your vintage or shabby chic projects (the edges don't count!)"

When I saw the description for this challenge my mind immediately went to the grid part and I thought a background of patches would be perfect to mount a floral display on.

I used some Staples card stock for the blank and then added papers from Maja Designs Coffee in the Arbor and Vintage Spring Basics sets for the background panel and all the patches.  They were all distressed and inked with Gathered Twigs Distress Ink.

I added Picket Fence Crackle Paint to the wooden flourish and then topped it with some white twine.  The twine was not as stiff as I hoped so I dragged it through some fabric stiffener that I have had for 30 years - worked like a charm so obviously there is no Best Before date on that product.

Next came the large flower and the leaves created from Heartfelt Creations stamps and Watering Can Archival Ink, which were leftovers from the bridal mini album that I made recently.  I added a faux pearl ring to the centre of the flower.  Some paper roses from my stash were added next along with a homemade stick pin.

The butterfly was cut by my husband, inked with Scattered Straw DI, embossed with a Sizzix folder called Sugar and Starry Night set that I picked up on clearance during a recent trip to the US and has pearls added for the body.  A few more pearls were scattered about.

I am going to enter this card in the following challenges:

Nordsalten Hobbyklubb - Flower Field
Polkadoodles - Add ribbon or twine
Cardmania - Lace and/or Pearls
Live and Love Crafts - Sprinkles of Summer

The following products used to create this card came from The Funkie Junkie Boutique:

13 comments:

  1. Totally love the patchwork design on this using papers with checks too. Such an elegant beautiful card Cec xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Cec!! Love the soft pastel colours, and all the dainty patterns of the squares. What a great way to create lines! Beautiful floral arrangement too! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This reminds me of the Elizabethan gardens in Manteo, NC, one of my favorite places. They have a formal English garden with rows of neatly clipped hedges and then a fountain that is overshadowed by a tumbling rose bush. It's gorgeous...and so is this card! You Lined it Up perfectly, Cec, but I am not at all surprised! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful card Cec, I love the grid idea and the beautiful papers you used. A great take on the challenge theme! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully designed card Cec, the patchwork squares and floral arrangement fit perfectly together and I love the colours and papers you chose xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful design, and clever way to add those lines. The colors are fantastic on this and the butterfly so dainty to go with those pastels. Love that flower! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card! Love your grids with lines and the gorgeous floral center!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeousness!!! Love your card Cec ~jeni :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I adore your beautiful card, Cec! I love the quilting feel. It gives it such a warm and cozy feel. The beautiful floral bouquet in the center puts me in mind of a visit we made to the home of an Amish family. She had a quilt shop above their very large garage with every quilt design you can imagine. Her garden outside was bursting with summer flowers. You really rocked this challenge!
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card with the bouquet at the center of all those papers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful creation! I love background and papers!
    Thanks for playing at Card Mania Challenge (sorry about the late comment).
    Ileanaxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning card! Love the papers and the colors. Thanks for joining us at NSHK.
    DT- Brita

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think about my work, so please leave me a comment.

Thanks!
Cec