Monday, February 20, 2017

Fun and Funky Valentine


It is time for me to share my first project for February for the IndigoBlu International Design Team.  The theme this month is Love so I made a funky valentine card as my first project.


The background was created by taking a piece of grey card stock and adding some stamping using Jet Black Archival Ink and the Script Background Stamp as well as stamps from the Tasty Textures and Rugged Edge sets.

I used some Red Geranium Archival Ink through the Texture stencil and then added some circles with Gee-SSo Good White and a cap from a spray bottle.


To make the heart I started by cutting a piece of red paper from the Damaged Damask 12"x12"paper set and ran it through my crimper over and over and over until it became almost as soft as fabric.  Over time the layers of paper separate as you can see in the photo.  Once I thought it was soft enough I ironed it from the back side with a dry iron to smooth it out.


I got so engrossed in creating that I forgot to take process photos of how the "fabric" paper became a heart.  I cut two hearts from some scrap card stock and another one the same size from quilt batting.  Then I cut another heart from the red paper adding a quarter of an inch all the way around.  The batting heart was glued to the card stock and then the paper heart was added on top with the border glued to the back making sure that the curves were clipped so they would lie flat.  I then glued the second card stock heart to the back.

Some Lindy's Frozen Jack Frost Ink was spritzed on the heart and then a natural sea sponge was used to dab on some Ruby Slippers and Raven Black Metallic paint.


Next I stamped the Big Butterfly on some white card stock with Gee-SSo Good Black and painted it with Ruby Slippers Metallic paint.  A little Mulberry Bush paint was mixed with the Ruby Slippers to add a bit of shading.

I added the background to my card blank, attached the butterfly and then the heart.  Finally I printed the sentiment on the computer, added scribbled frames and then inked the edges with Red Geranium Archival Ink.

I am sharing this post with Gio and Ksenija so pop on over to IndigoBlu and check out all the lovely projects.

I am going to enter this card in the following challenges:

Creative Artiste - Anything Mixed Media Goes
The Artistic Stamper - Love Hearts
Let's Craft and Create - Love is in the Air

3 comments:

  1. Hi - just love this card. Lots of elements to look at. Love how you have done the heart.
    Thanks for joining us over at Creative Artiste this month. Hope to see you again - good luck!
    Hugs,
    Bev (DT) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not only fun and funky, but interesting and artistic, too. Thank you so much for joining us at Let's Craft and Create. Cheryl W, DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute! thank you so much for sharing with us at The Artistic Stamper
    hope to see you again in March !

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think about my work, so please leave me a comment.

Thanks!
Cec