Sunday, December 10, 2017
12 Tags of Christmas - #10
Here is my offering for week 10 of the 12 Tags of Christmas sponsored by The Funkie Junkie Boutique.
Here is Linda's tag but I am making cards this year and this time I chose the wreath as my inspiration. Following are the steps to create this card:
1. Ink the top half of piece of white card stock with any combination of blue inks. I used Salty Ocean, Faded Jeans and Broken China Distress Oxide (Tim Holtz) and then followed up with Weathered Wood and Hickory Smoke Distress Ink (Tim Holtz) and set aside. The Hickory Smoke was a decision when I started to put the card together so it is not in the photo.
2. Paint a piece of card stock with Coffee Bean Acrylic Paint (Folk Art) or any other dark brown paint making sure to cover it. When dry paint with White Acrylic Paint (DecoArt) but don't completely cover the brown. Make sure your brush strokes are all done vertically on the card stock.
3. When the paint is dry turn the card paint side down on a scoring tool (I used Martha Stewart Scoreboard) and score every half inch.
4. Turn the paint side back to the top and run ink pads vertically down the card stock holding the pad at an angle. I used Walnut Stain Distress Ink (Tim Holtz), Coff Archival Ink (Ranger) and Watering Can Archival Ink (Wendy Vecchi).
5. Cut a semi circle on the top of the faux wood panel.
6. Cut greenery from the Holiday Greens die (Tim Holtz) using a variety of the dies and different colours of green card stock. Snip the greens apart and glue into a ring to create a wreath.
7. Add clusters of adhesive pearls (The Paper Source) and a loopy bow of red satin ribbon (Fabricland).
To assemble the card:
1. Glue the sky panel to the card blank.
2. Add the wooden gate on top of the sky panel lining the bottom with the bottom of the sky panel.
3. Adhere the wreath to the gate.
4. Add a wavy piece of white card to the bottom of the gate.
5. Punch a number of tiny snowflakes (Martha Stewart) and add them to the sky and on top of the wavy card stock to make a pile of snow.
6. Add some Stardust Stickles to the centre of each snowflake.
7. Add white dots in the sky with a white pen (Signo Uniball)
There we go, another one completed so time to work on week #11.